Friday, March 26, 2010

How to do: 3 step hurdle, front dive pike.

This dive is my favourite dive to do, because I'm really good at it and because it's the easiest dive you'll ever have to learn. Also it's the easiest dive to learn. This dive combines your hurdle, your pike (which I will explain in one of my next blogs) and your dive. It seems hard to put all of these things together, but it really isn't.
There's a few steps to follow to be able to do this dive but they're not complicated:
1. In one of my earlier blogs I explained hurdles, if you didn't read that one you should go read it because it explains how to do them. The blog is called ­­­­­­"Hurdles".
2.The next step for doing a 3 step hurdle pike dive is, when your up in the air you want to bend your body in half. At your waist.
3. Next, after you bend your body, you don't unbend your upper body to go in feet first, you would unbend your body so that your feet are in the air.
4. After that part it becomes really simple, you would just need to make sure you whole body is straight and your hands are in one another to create kind of like a vacuum so that the splash is smaller(I'll write about that some other time).
5. Last but certainly not the least, you have to point your toes, I honestly can't stress that enough. It doesn't seem like it but if you point your toes your legs will automatically stay straight when you hit the water.
Here's an example of a 3 step hurdle front dive pike:


No comments:

Post a Comment