Monday, May 10, 2010

Hard Work

If you think diving is a sport where you can flip and turn and do all the tricks with ease, you better stop thinking that now. Diving is a really tough sport, it's mostly repetitive stuff, dive after dive after dive, practicing until you get it perfect. When I have my competitions every summer, I practice my dives almost every single day and it really pays off. Especially when you a competition soon, it pays to put a little extra time in the water,like I did with the competition I won, I went to the pool the day before the competition and practiced my dive a little more. Even doing it on the ground and going through the movements, to get your mind ready for what lies ahead of you. Also, most people arn't like this but for me it helps so much to have someone that is at the same level as me so that it pushes us to be better than the other, that's how i succeeded in doing my one and half flip, there was another girl that was trying to do it the same time as me and we both did it at the same time. Its all work, but you can absolutely have fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment