Thursday, April 29, 2010

How to: inward

I've been talking about inwards a lot lately and I thought it would be nice to tell you how to do one. Well an inward is any maneuver that you start facing the board and your back to the water, and when you jump off you turn your body towards the board, like this:

Here's some tips:
1.To do an inward you need a lot of spin to get all the way around especially when your doing an inward flip.
2.Your need to make sure that when you jump off you get far enough away from the board, so you don't hit your head. (The girl in the video, she is really far away and could probably go a little bit closer). Another thing to note, your probably going to feel that your closer than you actually are, if you feel that way get your coach or someone to tell you how far you actually are and it should help you get closer our reassure you that you wont hit your head.

Here's how to actually do it:
1.Like the girl in the video, she gets a little bounce before she leaps off.
2.She swings her arms so she can get all the way around.
...and that's it an inward is kind of easy to do but it still has it's challenges.

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog and how your explaining every step and how to dive a good dive with out heart our self’s . I found the inward dive so hard to do because I tried it in the lost summer and I almost broke my neck.

    ReplyDelete